Website HealthTECH Resources
HealthTECH is assisting a hospital in Miami, FL source a Hadoop Administrator for a contract-to-hire opportunity. As this job is within a hospital, we are specifically seeking a Hadoop Administrator with experience working in Clinical and Healthcare IT environments.
This is contract-to-hire opening has a 3 month contract period. The ideal candidate will be local to south Florida.
Duties of the Hadoop Administrator
- Install and configure Hadoop clusters and its ecosystem components.
- Manage Hadoop, Sqoop, Drill and Spark cluster environments.
- Manage MAPR storage Volume/Snapshots etc.
- Hadoop/MAPR Cluster management by adding or removing nodes.
- Plan and execute major platform software and operating system upgrades and maintenance across physical environments
- Implement security measures for all aspects of the cluster (SSL, disk encryption, role-based access).
- Design and implement a toolset that simplifies provisioning and support of a large cluster environment
- Review performance stats and query execution/explain plans; recommend changes for tuning Hive/Drill queries
Hadoop Administrator Skills and Experience
- 5+ years hands-on experience with supporting Linux production environments.
- 3+ years hands-on experience with MapR related Hadoop administration experience.
- 3+ years of experience in architecting, administrating, configuring, installation and maintenance of Open Source Big-data applications, with focused experience on MapR distribution.
- Expertise in administration of MapR DB / Hive / Drill / Spark / Scala / Sqoop / Kafka.
- Scripting experience using Shell, Python or PowerShell.
- Elasticsearch and Kibana experience preferred.
- Experience in Clinical and Healthcare IT preferred.
Why work here?
- One of the 2018 Fortune “100 Best Companies to Work For”. based on employee ratings of the distinctive workplace culture — including the level of trust they feel towards leaders, the pride they take in their jobs, and camaraderie they experience with co-workers.
- This is a unique healthcare organization committed to putting quality first in everything they do — join a community of dedicated, collaborative people who care for one another, and who help each other excel so that everyone achieves his or her personal best.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org