- How one small practice found big ROI from EHR-PM integrationby Bill Siwicki on January 13, 2021 at 4:41 pm
Sterling Structural Therapy increased its number of patients, gained efficiencies and secured a five-star online reputation with an all-in-one system.
- Supreme Court rejects using telehealth for abortionby Kat Jercich on January 13, 2021 at 4:22 pm
Lower courts had blocked FDA in-person requirements for abortion medication last summer, finding them to be a "substantial obstacle" during the pandemic.
- CMS issues final rule on healthcare technology access for seniorsby Jeff Lagasse on January 13, 2021 at 3:46 pm
The rule is meant to ease undue burden for innovators and speed access to potentially lifesaving technologies.
- Sequoia Project seeks COVID-19 lessons learned with new interoperability workgroupby firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @MikeMiliardHITN (Mike Miliard) on January 13, 2021 at 3:19 pm
Its new emergency preparedness initiative is focused on helping state and local public health agencies better manage data exchange during times of crisis.
- HIMSS Insights Special Edition - APAC digital health trendbarometerby Dean Koh on January 13, 2021 at 9:17 am
The findings are based on a survey conducted from October to December 2020 from 17 countries.
- HHS invests $8 million to address gaps in rural telehealth through the Telehealth Broadband Pilot Programby Jeff Lagasse on January 12, 2021 at 10:53 pm
The program will be implemented in four state community locations, including in Alaska, Michigan, Texas and West Virginia.
- What's next for telehealth under the Biden administration?by Kat Jercich on January 12, 2021 at 8:33 pm
There's lots of work to do expanding access for underserved patients, said experts at the American Telemedicine Association's EDGE policy conference.
- Ochsner Health successfully treats chronic disease patients via telemedicineby Bill Siwicki on January 12, 2021 at 4:49 pm
The Louisiana health system performed more than 300,000 virtual visits in 2020 and earned a Net Promoter Score of 87.5 out of 100 – better than Amazon and Netflix.
- NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo proposes sweeping telehealth reformsby Kat Jercich on January 12, 2021 at 3:59 pm
The governor announced legislation this week that would safeguard access to virtual care after the COVID-19 pandemic.
- NHS Wales partners with GS1 UK to support traceability across healthcareby Sara Mageit on January 12, 2021 at 3:44 pm
The partnership aims to improve clinical safety for patients and modernise the use and tracking of medical devices.