- OCR settles phishing attack investigation, with provider paying $480,000by Andrea Fox on December 8, 2023 at 6:09 pm
This agency's first data breach settlement under HIPAA for a phishing attack involved the alleged failure to conduct a risk analysis to identify potential ePHI threats or vulnerabilities across the Lafourche Medical Group network.
- Jewish General uses self-service platform, synthetic data to democratize analyticsby Bill Siwicki on December 8, 2023 at 5:33 pm
Operational staff are focused on improving efficiency and reducing delays, while clinical teams are looking at quality improvement projects. A thriving research community, meanwhile, is digging deep into data for many different use cases.
- HIMSSCast: CDC's new outbreak and disease modeling network, and its promise for public healthby email@example.com; Twitter: @MikeMiliardHITN (Mike Miliard) on December 8, 2023 at 4:12 pm
The new public-private collaboration Insight Net is using advanced biosurveillance to respond to outbreaks and prevent future pandemics. Dylan George, director of the CDC's Center for Forecasting and Outbreak Analytics, explains more.
- AHA pushes back on HHS proposal to penalize hospitals for cyberattacksby Andrea Fox on December 8, 2023 at 3:35 pm
"The AHA cannot support proposals for mandatory cybersecurity requirements being levied on hospitals as if they were at fault for the success of hackers in perpetrating a crime," says Rick Pollack, president and CEO of the American Hospital Association.
- Ex NSW Health ICT director joins Hills Health and more briefsby Adam Ang on December 8, 2023 at 2:16 am
Also, Mercy Health is modernising its recruitment and people management.
- One early adopter's tips for AI deployment successby firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @MikeMiliardHITN (Mike Miliard) on December 7, 2023 at 4:13 pm
Dr. Luis Ahumada of John Hopkins All Children's Hospital previews his session at next week's HIMSS AI in Healthcare Forum – describing how the health system has made strides with advanced data analytics models that fit with clinical workflows.
- Big health systems making hay with genAI, says KLASby Andrea Fox on December 7, 2023 at 3:53 pm
Though adoption is still limited among smaller healthcare providers, more large hospital systems are embracing new generative artificial intelligence tools from their EHR vendors, according to new research from the Arch Collaborative.
- How AI can improve patient experience and patient engagementby Bill Siwicki on December 7, 2023 at 3:47 pm
A healthcare consultant discusses how automation is enabling more tailored engagement that can help patients better adhere to their care plans and deliver a more personalized care experience in general.
- Roundup: Experian Health acquires Wave HDC, Accenture buys cloud teamby Andrea Fox on December 6, 2023 at 4:09 pm
Plus: HFMA and FinThrive release RCM modernization assessment tool, a peer-reviewed adoption model for healthcare providers.
- Evara Health is tackling chronic conditions and saving lives with RPMby Bill Siwicki on December 6, 2023 at 3:38 pm
The FQHC has seen significant improvements in blood pressure and A1c numbers across the patient population enrolled in its remote patient monitoring program.