- Healthcare must set guardrails around AI for transparency and safetyby Bill Siwicki on May 26, 2023 at 2:55 pm
Industry-defined limitations can help ensure an accelerated path to adoption by protecting providers from algorithm failures that could cause counter-evolutionary overreactions to artificial intelligence usage, says one CTO.
- Massachusetts health data breach involving Harvard Pilgrim Health Care confirmedby Andrea Fox on May 26, 2023 at 2:46 pm
An investigation following the ransomware attack against HPHC, the Bay State's second-largest health insurer, identified signs that bad actors exfiltrated PPI and PHI of patients, dependents and providers.
- HIMSSCast: Best practices for health IT implementations, from KLAS Researchby Bill Siwicki on May 26, 2023 at 2:31 pm
Ryan Oliver, research director at KLAS, shows how Best in KLAS status leads to successful implementations. Additionally, he offers a deep dive into some of the most important implementation best practices for provider organizations.
- Roundup: South Korea opens public medical data utilisation centres and more briefsby Adam Ang on May 26, 2023 at 7:20 am
Also, the South Korean government is helping expedite the approval of a VR-based therapy for treating visual impairment.
- Roundup: Monash IVF begins digital transformation and more briefsby Adam Ang on May 26, 2023 at 7:12 am
Also, MedSync launches a new video sharing feature.
- Congresswoman asks VA Secretary to redirect EHR fundsby Andrea Fox on May 25, 2023 at 8:33 pm
"VA medical centers still operating the Oracle Cerner EHR need more personnel and resources; not less," said Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers, R-Wash.
- RPM brings 30-day mortality rate to almost zero for heart bypass procedureby Bill Siwicki on May 25, 2023 at 3:22 pm
That's for coronary artery bypass grafting patients at Atrium Health's Sanger Heart and Vascular Institute, compared with a national average of 2.5%. Remote patient monitoring also has reduced 30-day readmissions by 40%.
- NVIDIA AI integrates with Microsoft Azure machine learningby Andrea Fox on May 25, 2023 at 2:49 pm
The new offering could help healthcare customers build, deploy and manage customized Azure-based artificial intelligence applications for large language models using more than 100 NVIDIA AI frameworks and tools.
- 360 Human Services uses all-in-one software to improve care for underservedby Bill Siwicki on May 24, 2023 at 2:38 pm
Combined practice management tools have also helped the applied behavioral analysis clinic, which serves a healthcare desert, increase client progress and enhance staff efficiency.
- Small hospitals drove EHR market demand in 2022, says KLASby Andrea Fox on May 24, 2023 at 2:34 pm
Epic achieved the only net positive change across electronic health record vendors, but Oracle Health had the highest growth in the small hospital market, according to the new study.