- CDC publishes rates of COVID-19 cases, deaths by vaccine brandby Kat Jercich on October 15, 2021 at 7:23 pm
The agency is now showing disease incidence among unvaccinated people, as well as those who received Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, and Moderna vaccines.
- Patient messages via Epic increased during COVID-19, raising burnout concernsby Kat Jercich on October 15, 2021 at 4:02 pm
Yale and Mayo Clinic researchers found that ambulatory physicians have spent more time managing their inboxes during the public health emergency.
- How do cyberattackers gain access to health systems? Often via smaller hospitalsby Bill Siwicki on October 15, 2021 at 2:50 pm
That's one finding from new research from cybersecurity firm CyCognito, whose CEO discusses that danger and describes some risk-mitigation strategies.
- Bupa Arabia backs Dubai’s Okadoc with investment and strategic partnershipby Rachel McArthur on October 15, 2021 at 1:58 pm
The Saudi-owned health insurance company has teamed up with the appointment booking platform to “enhance customer experience and elevate the level of its digital healthcare services”.
- Roundup: Study finds interoperable EHRs not yet a reality in EU, all Abu Dhabi-based hospitals now connected to HIE platformby Tammy Lovell on October 15, 2021 at 11:16 am
Also, CGI and GE Healthcare sign agreement to enable rapid adoption of digital health services.
- Roundup: My Covid Record portal launched, new grant for health data research projects in Australia and more briefsby Adam Ang on October 15, 2021 at 4:20 am
Also, Queensland's largest private radiology provider now connects to My Health Record.
- Ascom bags its biggest contract for nurse call solutions in Macaoby Adam Ang on October 15, 2021 at 4:13 am
It will deliver the system over a two-year period for 1,400 beds in the unnamed hospital.
- Majority of burned-out clinical support staff point to patient communications as the culpritby Kat Jercich on October 14, 2021 at 6:53 pm
About half say the COVID-19 pandemic – including vaccine appointment coordination and making the shift to telehealth – has made matters worse.
- Interoperability still a pain point for downside risk agreementsby Kat Jercich on October 14, 2021 at 4:26 pm
A new KLAS report shows hospital executives consistently describing two technology factors as key to their progress with population health and shared savings: strong integration and timely customization.
- NLP powers clinical concept extraction, medical Q&A and more at UF Healthby Bill Siwicki on October 14, 2021 at 4:23 pm
Two scientists from University of Florida Health offer a deep-dive look at how they're training GatorTron, their leading-edge natural language processing model, with billions of words for an array of EHR and analytics use cases.