- CMS reports 34.5M telehealth services delivered March through Juneby Kat Jercich on October 21, 2020 at 6:30 pm
The numbers represent a 2,632% increase compared to the same time period last year.
- RLDatix buys Verge Health, building out tools for patient safety, risk mitigationby [email protected]; Twitter: @MikeMiliardHITN (Mike Miliard) on October 21, 2020 at 5:42 pm
The credentialing acquisition helps strengthen its offerings for governance, risk and compliance, RLDatix says, and will lead to broader hospital deployment of its Applied Safety Intelligence Framework.
- Teladoc Health data shows virtual mental healthcare boomby Kat Jercich on October 21, 2020 at 4:20 pm
Mental telehealth visits for men are up 79% since January, the telemedicine provider reports, with rates for women not far behind.
- At one practice, more clients keep telehealth appointments than in-person onesby Bill Siwicki on October 21, 2020 at 3:20 pm
Christian Counseling Associates has retained 100% of its client base throughout the pandemic thanks to EHR-linked telemedicine technology.
- AI and machine learning: A gift, and a curse, for cybersecurityby Kat Jercich on October 20, 2020 at 8:26 pm
When it comes to keeping data safe, experts say artificial intelligence can be a "double-edged sword."
- 'Hey Cerner': Company seeks health systems to help test new Voice Assist techby [email protected]; Twitter: @MikeMiliardHITN (Mike Miliard) on October 20, 2020 at 7:50 pm
St. Joseph’s Health and Indiana University Health have already enlisted to help refine the EHR voice command tool, and the company has put out the call for other hospitals to do the same.
- Healthcare C-suite bullish on AI, telehealthby Kat Jercich on October 20, 2020 at 5:05 pm
Hospital and health plan leaders also see revenue cycle management as an area of innovation that's stood out during the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a report from KLAS and CCM.
- From Zoom to full EHR-integrated telemedicine on $245,000by Bill Siwicki on October 20, 2020 at 3:54 pm
Nearly 90% of Portland Community Health Center’s telehealth patients say they’re satisfied with the provider’s virtual care, an overwhelming vote of confidence during a perilous time.
- COVID-19 hasn't just spotlighted healthcare inequity – it's made it worseby Kat Jercich on October 19, 2020 at 7:28 pm
Experts at a recent HIMSS Global Health Equity Week webinar say that technology can play a role in bridging the care gap, but it can also be used in a harmful context.
- Cambridge University Hospitals NHS foundation trust achieves EMRAM Stage 7by Tammy Lovell on October 19, 2020 at 4:07 pm
The trust is the first in the UK to be validated at the highest level for its EMR capabilities.