Website HealthTECH Resources
HealthTECH Resources is seeking an Information Security Specialist (level I) for a direct hire FTE role at a premier healthcare organization in CA. We are specifically interested in IT security candidates with prior experience in a healthcare environment and familiarity with HIPAA. This position works a hybrid schedule 3 days onsite per week, with remote schedule Monday and Friday. Relocation assistance is available.
Information Security Specialist Primary Duties
- Responsible for performing day-to-day operational information security tasks, such as responding to alerts, assessing threats, and coordinating mitigation and remediation.
- Monitoring, maintaining, and improving systems and processes to improve security of enterprise networks, servers, endpoints, applications, and databases.
- Engaging frequently in active threat hunting; administering security-related enterprise systems; performing security audits of systems and accounts.
- Investigating and determining causes of security incidents; coordinating/executing preventative and remediation measures.
- Performing ongoing vulnerability assessments including vulnerability scanning, reporting, threat identification, and coordination of mitigation and remediation related to networked devices and systems.
- Participating in on-call rotation for after-hours alerts as member of Information Security Team.
Information Security Specialist Key Qualifications
- Experience in an IT security role in a healthcare environment and familiarity with HIPAA required.
- Must be able to demonstrate hands-on experience of working information security incidents and deploying information security projects from conception to completion.
- Two or more years of information security and systems administration experience required.
- Knowledge of a scripting and system command language required.
- Knowledge of risk management frameworks, security regulations and standards.
- Familiarity with networking and system monitoring tools.
- Familiarity with hospital application systems. Familiarity with security frameworks and standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in a technical field with heavy emphasis on operating systems and computer hardware.
- Security+ and Cyber Security Analyst or higher security certification, or ability to obtain within 6 months.
Why Work Here?
- This is a healthcare provider on the West Coast that will value and acknowledge you as an employee in a way you’ve never experienced before.
- From educational opportunities to employee appreciation bonuses, you will be working for an organization that cares about the growth and well-being of its employees.
- You will enjoy living near the majestic Pacific Ocean, in an area offering stunning sights, friendly cities, and a whole lot to do. Whether it’s cultural events or outdoor recreation, you (and your family) will be energized by the area’s spirit. It truly is a great place to live and work.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com