Website HealthTECH Resources
HealthTECH Resources is seeking an Information Security Engineer for a direct hire FTE role at a premier healthcare organization in PA. We are specifically interested in certified IT security candidates with prior experience in a healthcare environment and familiarity with HIPAA.
Information Security Engineer Primary Duties
- Administering Information Security Software and Controls.
- Analyzing Security System Logs, Security Tools, and Data.
- Creating, Modifying, and Updating Security Information Event Management (SIEM).
- Defining policies, procedures & Process for Managing Network Security, and monitoring Compliance.
- Performing Security Monitoring, responding to Security Events and remediating Security Issues.
- Performing Cyber and Technical Threat Analyses.
- Preventing Hacker Intrusion.
- Producing Situational and Incident-Related Reports.
- Providing Host-Based Forensics.
- Training Organization on Security Measures.
Information Security Engineer Key Qualifications
- 5+ years of proven experience and demonstrated success in technology leadership with emphasis on information security, infrastructure services, portfolio management or business systems.
- Experience in an IT security role in a healthcare environment and familiarity with HIPAA highly desired.
- Knowledge of IT Service Management including frameworks such as ITIL and project management.
- Experience in CSIRT.
- Demonstrated success with intrusion prevention systems and tools
- Deep understanding of risk management frameworks, security regulations and standards.
- Strong technical background in data loss prevention.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Information Security or related field or equivalent experience required; IT related Masters’ degree preferred.
- Desired certifications: Security+, CISSP or equivalent, Microsoft, Cisco, VMWare, plus one or more of following certifications: GIAC, SSCP, CCNA, CompTIA , ITIL, or MCITP.
Why work here?
- You will be joining a dynamic organization dedicated to clinical excellence that also strives to provide a compelling and nurturing environment for employees. Enjoy a wide range of professional, educational and rewarding career development opportunities.
- Exceptional work environment with outstanding team members, supportive managers and support staff.
- If you want to be part of a compassionate, dedicated and determined organization that is constantly evolving and growing both geographically and programmatically to meet the needs of local communities; we invite you to apply for this role.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org